Bit.com was established in February 2019 and is incorporated in Seychelles. It’s a high-performance derivative exchange launched by Matrixport, an integrated financial services firm. Matrixport was a spinoff from Bitmain Technologies, the world’s largest cryptocurrency mining equipment producer, and is backed investors such as Jihan Wu, John Ge, Standard Crypto, IDG Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Polychain, Dragonfly Capital, and Paradigm.
- Bit.com Bit.com provides institutional grade security safeguarded by Cactus Custody (a Qualified Custodian) and risk management features to ensure a superior trading experience leveraging best-in-class liquidity.
- It is built on top of a state of the art 10,000 TPS matching engine with less than 50 ms round trip latency.
- The Bit.com Insurance Fund had 200 BTC upon its launch (one of the largest among new exchanges) to mitigate socialized losses.
- The exchange applies an incremental liquidation mechanism to provide additional user protection during extreme market conditions.
- The platform offers portfolio margining across all products to institutional investors and enables block trading through Paradigm and ACCX.
- Bit.com has strategically positioned itself to serve diverse and sophisticated institutional and retail customers, including miners, prime brokerages, hedge funds, professional traders and retail investors from across the globe.
- The platform’s diverse customer base makes it possible to provide more efficient and representative price discovery, ensuring the most competitive spreads.
The Bit.com Value Proposition
Bit.com offers perpetual swap trading with up to 50x leverage and option trading with up to 10x leverage. The exchange is the first of its kind in the industry to offer Bitcoin Cash (BCH) perpetual swaps and options.
The platform also offers BTC and ETH perpetual swap and options, which are actively traded by both institutional and individual users. In the first five months of its launch, more than US$6 billion in total transaction volume was reported. Currently, the exchange records between USD 100-200 millions trading volume on a daily basis. Here’s a great video of Roger Ver, the world’s first investor in the crypto ecosystem demonstrating how to buy crypto currencies BTC, ETH, and BCH at below the current market rate on the Bit.com platform.
With its first-in-class product offers and performances, Bit.com has been recognized as one of top digital asset derivative exchanges.
Why the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) derivatives market?
BCH ranks among top 10 digital assets in terms of market cap. Bitcoin Cash is also one of the major Proof-Of-Work coins that enjoys tremendous support from miners. This is important because miners are a key component of Bit.com’s customer base. The launch of BCH derivatives by Bit.com enables miners to hedge against risks associated with BCH volatility, which helps make their mining operations more stable and efficient. For instance, miners are able to lock in profits in advance while generating additional cash flow by selling covered calls; or they are able to hedge against downward price movements by purchasing protective puts.
Users are also able to utilise the comprehensive derivative trading strategies made possible by liquid perpetual swap and options market to construct various payoff profiles to best serve their interests.
Since Bit.com was first to launch the product, the platform has a first mover advantage. The hope is that in the near future more pairs will be listed and better liquidity will also be offered.
How do I open an account?
Sign up here with your email address or phone number. Users are advised to set up 2-factor authentication (“2FA”) before making any deposits.
What are the minimum deposit/withdrawal amounts?
0.0005 BTC or 0.0005 ETH is the minimum deposit amount; and 0.001 BTC or 0.05 ETH is the minimum withdrawal amount.
Is KYC required?
The identity verification at Bit.com includes Basic verification (KYC 1 – where you verify your name and ID number), Advanced Verification (KYC 2 – which involves complete facial verification), and Video Verification (KYC 3 – this allows a high withdrawal limit). Bit.com is unable to provide services to US citizens, US passport holders, US Green Card holders, and US residents and other restricted countries. See full details here.